The Internet has revolutionised the way the world conducts business. From dot.com start-ups to well-established household names like Google, eBay and Amazon, online businesses are taking off. The Internet industry has bred many millionaires in recent years, as more entrepreneurs try their hand on the Internet.
You can start your own online business without having to think up the next Google by starting an Internet franchise. Since franchising takes out the guesswork out of starting your own business, you will be able to easily set up your business and start turning a profit!
The Benefits of an Internet Franchise
Here are some of the benefits to starting an Internet franchise as your new business:
- Established business idea and brand. Instead of spending hours trying to determine what kind of Internet business you want to set up and how to implement the idea, an Internet franchise has already taken care of that problem. Based on an idea that’s already been tried and tested, you’ll be able to quickly start building your new Internet business. Also, you won’t have to worry about naming your new business or finding a brand that works. Internet franchises already have teams in place that take care of building an established brand for the franchisee.
- Proven business plan. Whenever a business decides to franchise itself that means the business model works. So you can rest assured that the Internet franchise you’ve chosen has already worked in creating profit for the franchisor. Since their Internet franchise is founded on a plan that works, all you have to do is follow their business model to succeed.
- Anyone can do it. The great thing about an Internet franchise is that you don’t need a special degree or education to do it. Most of these Internet franchises don’t require you to have anything but a basic, working knowledge of how to use the computer! That means you can start your own business without having to worry about whether you have the right technological qualifications.
- Affordability. Unlike other franchise opportunities, an Internet franchise is generally priced lower because they don’t require many overhead costs and are often home-based. Since it doesn’t cost you much to run the franchise, you won’t need to put as much money into it. That means more money going straight to your pocket!
- Low overheads. Since you don’t need to hire employees, lease an office, maintain a vehicle or purchase inventory stock, your overheads will be much lower than other businesses. That means you could be turning a profit faster than if you had to recoup your investment!
- Flexible hours. Many Internet franchise opportunities can be started on a part-time basis. Some people choose to do it as a second job, or a hobby. Regardless of how many hours you are willing to work, know that most of these franchises are ideal for those who want a flexible schedule that gives you time to spend with loved ones, as well as pursue other hobbies or passions.
- Can do business from anywhere. The majority of Internet franchises allow you to work from home, as you can generally do your job with just a phone, a computer and Internet access. That means you have the luxury of doing your job anywhere in the world!
Different Opportunities in Internet Franchising
There are various models of Internet franchises currently available, and many of these franchise opportunities offer some sort of advertising or e-commerce element, or a combination of both.
- Internet Services: These franchises provide customers with Internet-related services, such as IT solutions and telecom services. Often, the franchises offer a portfolio of services such as email archiving and backup, Internet marketing solutions or web application development. Some may also specialise in IT support and computer repair, as well as IT training for both businesses and children. They generate profit from long-term relationships with clients that will continue to use them for their Internet service needs.
- Online Businesses: Franchises that fall into this category range from e-commerce businesses to online guides that make their profit from advertising. Many online business franchises turn a profit from establishing relationships with local businesses that wish to advertise on your website.
- Online Gambling: With the rise of online gaming, there are many people going online to roll the dice, casino-style. People want to be able to gamble in the privacy of their own home, and gambling websites provide them with that option. These franchises help you start your own gambling site, so you can create your very own web-based casino.
- Web Design Franchises: Small to medium sized businesses can’t afford a big, pricey website. That’s why web design franchises provide you the opportunity to help SMEs develop professional, cost-effective websites to promote their business. You can run these from home, and you don’t need experience designing sites yourself – most of these franchises have a self-editing website system in place so your clients can upload the material they want themselves.
- Web Portals: Web portal franchises are an easy way to make money through advertising. There are a variety of options out there, including dating franchises that offer a database of singles to their subscribers, websites for finding accommodations or travel destinations, as well as web portals showcasing businesses in your area that want to advertise on your site. These are all home-based franchise opportunities that give you flexibility and profits at the same time.
If you are interested in starting an Internet franchise, browse through Franchise Direct’s comprehensive directory of franchise opportunities.
After you find some opportunities you are interested in, begin by contacting the franchisor for more information on the franchise. Make sure you get specific details about the franchise opportunity, including initial and ongoing costs, what’s included in the franchise package and what kind of training and support the Head Office provides.
Once you review this information, it is best to set up a one-on-one meeting with the franchisor at their Head Office. That way, you can determine if the culture of the franchise and their support team is right for you, as well as learning more essential details about the franchise and your earning potential.
Then, get the names and contact information of current franchisees so you can get the real story on how much the franchise costs, what kind of ongoing support they offer and whether or not they are turning a profit. This will prove invaluable, as you will know first hand how franchisees are faring with that particular business.
When you’re ready to review the Franchise Agreement, check out our Guide to Buying a Franchise as well as our article on What to Look For in a Franchise Agreement . You should now be well on your way to starting your very own successful Internet franchise business!