Description: Run your own Wafflemeister franchise business, offering delicious waffles, crêpes and more to hungry customers. Opportunities: Worldwide. Business Type: Franchise. Minimum Investment: £100,000. Financing Assistance: Yes, through a third party. Training Provided: Yes.
The Wafflemeister Franchise Opportunity
Founded in 2009, Wafflemeister sells authentic handmade Belgian waffles using a secret family recipe dating back to the 1950s. They are considered to be the best waffles in the UK and abroad. They are available through the Wafflemeister stores in six countries worldwide, making Wafflemeister the “owner” of the waffle space internationally.
Abroad, Wafflemeister has stores in top shopping centres such as the Petronas Towers KLCC Mall in Kuala Lumpur and the Lagoona Mall in Qatar. In the UK Wafflemeister operates equally high-profile locations such as Oxford Street, South Kensington, Westfield London, Westfield Stratford and Liverpool Street Station.
In addition to waffles, which are both savoury and sweet and halal certified, Wafflemeister sells scrumptious sweet and savoury crêpes, authentic Italian gelato, thick shakes and great coffee in partnership with Illy, offering an all-day, every-day eating experience made of a high-quality food experience, excellent service standards and buzzy store environment.
Wafflemeister offers combinations of dine-in, takeaway and delivery depending on location and it operates both mall kiosk and street front café formats, suited to both high-volume inner city locations and more suburban high streets, shopping centres and non-traditional locations across the UK.
The Franchise Opportunity
Wafflemeister offers a successful business model that has been tested and refined since 2009 in a variety of company-owned stores. The company has developed specific know-how in every area of the business. For example there is a comprehensive and user-friendly franchise operations manual, which clearly defines the standards of practice every Wafflemeister store has to comply with. It covers the operating procedures, the marketing techniques and also gives the franchisee business advice in every area of how the business should be run.
Wafflemeister requires franchise partners to attend a four-week “Bootcamp” Training Programme, covering all the aspects of the operation. This is complemented by pre and post-opening assistance at the franchise partner’s branch and an ongoing programme of visits and the provision of a dedicated franchise liaison executive so that support is always one phone call away.
Wafflemeister is an experienced franchisor with five international area development franchise partners in the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Malaysia and four UK franchise partners that have already joined the brand since the start of the UK Franchise Programme in 2016.
The UK Franchise Programme
Wafflemeister is now making available its successful business model to qualified owner/operator franchise partners throughout the UK.
Qualifying criteria include:
- Enthusiasm about Wafflemeister’s waffles and their business potential
- Franchise partner must have at least three to five years' owner/operator of food retail experience or have the ability to hire a manager with this skillset
- Net worth of £150,000 per unit
- Available liquid capital of £200,000 per unit
- Development of five units or more is preferable
The Financial Bit
All the Wafflemeister products — waffles, crepes, coffee, gelato, shakes, juices — have strong intrinsic economics and do not require a staff-intensive operation or skilled labour. All this, combined with moderate capital expenditure levels, offers a high return on investment potential for its franchisees.
Associated with the UK franchise is a competitive set of fees:
- Entry fee equal to £15,000 + VAT. Incentives available for multiple store purchases.
- Management service fee 5% of net sales, plus VAT
- Marketing fee 1% of net sales, plus VAT
Bulk head/island kiosks cost between £75,000 and £100,000 + VAT, while in-line units range from £100,000 to £200,000 + VAT. These figures exclude entry fee and working capital, but include design, shopfit/construction, furniture and equipment.
Finance options with major lenders and asset finance companies are available to qualifying franchisees.
- Best waffles in London, individually baked every day on-site
- Unique and universally appealing product range with measurable and growing UK and international following
- Full array of affordable meal solutions and snacking options for all-day dining
- No seasonality, minimal wastage
- Uncomplicated, highly systemised and de-skilled food business with strong focus on store level execution
- Flexible model suitable to locations between 130 and 1,000 square feet
- A1 usage
- Excellent management team with extensive F&B business experience
- Tested concept developed via company owned sites in key locations in the UK and internationally
- Excellent track record both as a business and as franchisor
- Comprehensive training programme, franchise manual and ongoing support structure
If you think the Wafflemeister franchise might be the right choice for your investment, contact us through the below form today.