Bricks 4 Kidz Sussex
Description: A Bricks 4 Kidz Sussex franchise affords you the opportunity to help kids learn and grow through building with Lego blocks. Opportunities: Single and multi-unit opportunities available throughout England, Wales and Scotland. Business Type: Franchise. Minimum Investment: £12,000. Training Provided: Yes. Home-based: Yes. Part-time: Yes.
At Bricks 4 Kidz, we learn, we build, and we play with LEGO® Bricks! We use LEGO® products to provide a fun, hands-on learning and building experience focused on STEM concepts.
- B4K has its own proprietary “Project Kits.” These B4K kits consist of specific LEGO® bricks and technic elements in specific quantities, and specially sorted.
- B4K has its own proprietary “Model Plans.” B4K Model Plans are NOT the equivalent to LEGO® instruction manuals that you buy at the store. You cannot purchase B4K kits or model plans at a store or online.
- Program offerings from B4K include after-school enrichment classes, in-school workshops, camps, birthday parties, kidz night out, and pre-school classes.
All of the B4K programs mentioned above are available year-round, and can be modified to fit the particular needs of different schools, institutions, community organizations, or other locations.
Because instructors teach year-round, they are able to consistently offer a variety of fun and educational programs to fit parents’ needs and children’s desires.
B4K curriculum ranges on a “Fun-to-Learning” spectrum. This means some programs are geared more toward creative free-build and involve exciting pop-culture themed models and activities. Other programs are more learning-intensive, offering a more educationally focused experience that incorporates concepts of STEM and architecture.
Bricks 4 Kidz Franchise Organization
- Franchises are located in over 35 countries around the world.
- B4K corporate offers full-time, on-going support to all franchises. The curriculum is uniform for all franchises, with flexibility to allow for adapting programs to meet the desires of each location’s customers: parents, schools, and most importantly…the children. All franchisees undergo extensive training before operating independently.
- B4K corporate is motivated by the passion to teach children and make learning fun! The success of B4K as a whole depends on the success of each franchise. Excellent teamwork and support enable continued growth each year, giving more and more children opportunities to learn concepts of STEM and have a blast building and playing with LEGO®!
Bricks 4 Kidz Corporate Office
The B4K curriculum remains fun and fresh, incorporating themes that are kid-favourites.
The curriculum also incorporates concepts of STEM (Science Technology Engineering & Math), and utilizes proprietary STEM math and science worksheets. Two models/lessons per unit have math and science worksheets with corresponding Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for math, and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for science.
B4K offers an extensive and flexible curriculum.
- Currently over 25 themed units with six models and lessons each. That’s over 150 models and lessons!
- Lessons can be presented in a flexible manner to be grade-appropriate.
- Instructors can adapt their lesson presentation to meet differing time-frames and educational focus points.
The goal is to provide a learning experience for children that encourages critical thinking, creativity, organizational skills, problem-solving, and teamwork.
B4K offers advanced robotics models and computer programming for children ages 9+, using LEGO® Mindstorms® EV3 software and junior Robotics models and computer programming using LEGO® Education WeDo software.
Resources support the brand in order to offer more and more children our exciting and educational programs each year.
B4K programs are taught with a variety of learning styles in mind. Most classes will meet many recognized learning styles:
- Verbal/Linguistic: engaging in discussions; reading aloud
- Logical/Mathematical: understanding underlying principles; math skills
- Visual/Spatial: envisioning projects while building; recognizing sizes of pieces without having to measure
- Musical/Audio: listening to lesson presentation; music at parties and camps
- Bodily/Kinesthetic: moving around during creative free build time
- Intrapersonal: understanding yourself (i.e. your building capabilities, your knowledge of lesson subject, etc.)
- Interpersonal: understanding others by working collaboratively with a partner or team