Simply go to any page on itseeze.co.uk and click the switch in the top-left corner next to the it’seeze logo to dim the lights and pop up a message promoting Earth Hour.
We recognise that we have to take responsibility for the fact we use electricity every day. Therefore, over the past twelve months the it’seeze ‘eco’ team have been doing their bit to help build a sustainable future for our planet. Here are some of the actions it’seeze websites have taken to reduce the amount of electricity consumed within our offices:
- Using an Ecosaver energy monitor to measure each device and the power it consumes.
- When purchasing new monitors buying only LED monitors, which have half the power consumption of older LCD monitors
- When purchasing new Macs buying only Apple’s far more environmentally friendly Mac Minis
- Hosting more of our websites on each server - our newest server consumes less than 0.1 watts per client
- Using GreenQloud’s Storage Qloud service (which is powered by renewable energy) to serve static content such as the it’seeze logo on the bottom of all our websitesClick on this text to edit it.
You can find out more about it’seeze’s efforts to turn frm orange to green on our blog.