Whelan Pest Prevention is the UK’s leading pest management franchise. They assist and serve clients to protect their business and homes. As the business expands and the demand for the products and services continues to grow Whelan Pest Prevention is now looking to expand its existing operations through new strategic franchise partnerships.
Using a proven business formula the right person or business will have the potential to build a profitable Whelan Pest Prevention business in their local area.
Whelan Pest Prevention was established in 1999 with one of the main drivers behind the business being the ambition of Sean Whelan who decided had had enough of corporate life and start his own business.
Sean saw an opportunity to develop a business serving the commercial and residential markets.
"I'd had four years' experience in franchising managing nearly 70 franchisees for a national van based franchise business, I then fell into pest control and became corporate account manager for a global pest control business however I soon as I started Whelan Pest prevention I knew that one day we would franchise."
1. What are some of the advantages of being a Whelan Pest Prevention franchisee?
There are many advantages to being a Whelan Pest Prevention franchisee:
- We have a leading training and support programme. We never stop improving the programme and it is reviewed and updated annually, we also have a training Centre of excellence, which is destined, to become unique and innovative throughout the pest industry.
- We offer a huge range of services and we’re continually broadening the scope of our business offering. This means we can engage with a client to provide further services, making us an indispensable and a valuable asset to our customer for the long-term
- Whelan Pest Prevention is a flexible business, which allows franchisees to build a scalable business. You can tailor the business to your personal business aspirations.
- The job satisfaction is high and the business is never boring.
- Our franchisees talk about being part of the Whelan Pest Prevention family, we really look after each other.
2. What qualities do you look for in an ideal franchisee?
Within Whelan Pest Prevention there are people from a whole range of careers and business disciplines so we have a wide range of talent in our network.
We look for people who will share our values and who are similar minded to our existing franchisees and it’s important that our franchisees are team players. We also look for people with good communication skills, good deductive thought processes and people who demonstrate commercial acumen.
You’ve got to be a self-starter. Even though we provide you with all the training and support you need, you do have to have the drive and passion to build a business. We can’t run the business for you!
3. In your opinion, why is Whelan Pest Prevention such a great opportunity for someone looking to get into business ownership?
We believe that there’s still a massive opportunity for growth. Very few businesses can supply such excellent support and supply first class pest prevention services to the UK market ours is a service that will always be needed.
In a volatile, uncertain world it’s a much-needed service. Reactive and guaranteed service to Business is the key to commercial success in the future. Many of our younger franchisees are looking for careers for the next 20 years and beyond and this is something we welcome.
4. What can franchisees expect from the training and support on offer at Whelan Pest Prevention ?
We have one of the most comprehensive training and support programmes in the franchise industry. We achieved runner up in the Franchise of the Year awards based on our investment into our training, support and mentoring programme. We have a small but very dedicated team supporting our franchisees on a daily basis.
In conclusion if you want a business model that works and a successful franchise that will deliver growth year on year combined with the knowledge that Whelan Pest Prevention are the UK’s number 1 pest franchise then we are the people to talk to we will support you like no other franchise in our industry together we do and will succeed.