The launch event held at Oldham’s Naked Bean Café kicked off with a wine tasting evening hosted by Financial Times and Which? Wine Guide writer, Simon Woods.
Professional Oldham was launched as a result of joint efforts of five professionals:
- Stephanie Doherty, joint MD of Caremark (Oldham)
- Robbie MacDonald, business editor of Oldham Business Edge magazine and the Oldham Evening Chronicle
- Bridget Batty, MD of Limetree Public Relations
- Suzanne Wright, Business Development Manager of Pearson Solicitors and Financial Advisors
- Angela Higham, Corporate Fundraiser of Dr. Kershaw’s Hospice.
Stephanie Doherty commented: “As one of the organisers involved in setting up this group I can honestly say that we all recognize the value of networking and how important it is to a business. This new group will definitely help to raise the profile of Caremark and I am pleased to be part of this initiative, interacting with like-minded professionals in the business community.”
Representatives from banking, accountancy, financial services, business administration, law, commercial property, technology, education, recruitment, healthcare, media and public relations and design were among the guests at the launch event.
The new network group, partnered by Oldham Business Edge magazine aims to provide enjoyable, professional networking opportunities for local businesses without the pressure of referrals or sales.
The launch event attracted around 45 professionals and Robbie MacDonald said: "We had great feedback from the night which we will use to shape future events. People want to meet like-minded business owners and professionals, alongside growing and bigger businesses, through informal but quality networking events."