Paul’s new business could only have been something to do with cars. Paul has worked in the car industry all his life and he has restored a historic Ford. He eats, sleeps and breaths “anything with an engine”.
At Revive! Tamworth, Paul will be putting as much care and attention in repairing his customers’ cars as he put in to repairing and restoring his lime green 1972 MK 1 Ford Escort, which he spent five years making as good as new.
Paul continues to tinker away on his pride and joy in his spare time and proudly shows the car off to fellow enthusiasts at events up and down the country.
Paul decided to invest in the Revive! franchise because of his lifelong fascination with cars, and he wanted to be his own boss after a career as a vehicle technician.
Revive! has one of the largest networks of technicians throughout the UK and is the preferred supplier of SMART repairs to major car dealerships and fleet operators serving customers including Alfa Romeo Fiat, Lex Autolease and Mercedes.
Paul, 38, who lives with his wife and two children in Reindeer Road in Fazeley, said that it has long been an ambition of his to set up his own business.
He said: “I have been wanting to set up a business of my own for a long time, and Revive! seemed like the ideal opportunity for me.
“Revive! offer great ongoing support, they have a great team and everybody is really committed and friendly. Revive! have won lots of awards and I can see why.”
Paul’s top tips for keeping your vehicle bodywork in tip-top condition are:
- Always use a good quality wash system – cheap detergents can damage shine or fade paint.
- Use high quality chamois or micro fibre cloths to dry the vehicle
- Do not valet vehicles in bright sunlight
- Regularly apply a high quality wax to the vehicle – at least once a month
- Remove all watches, bracelets, rings or other jewellery before applying wax.
- Don’t apply/polish wax in circles, always use straight lines
- Regularly apply a treatment to the interior of the vehicle e.g. leather to stop it drying and cracking – use a good quality leather care cream
- Garage vehicles when not in use and avoid parking under trees for any length of time
- Have the vehicles inspected regularly by an expert to identify scuffs/ scratches or stone chips
- Get minor scratches, scuffs or stone chips repaired as soon as possible to avoid corrosion – nip minor damage in the bud as corrosion can seriously affect the trade-in or re-sale value of the vehicle.
To contact Revive!, simply fill in the form below.