Tell us about yourself?
My name is Mbali Khulu and I am 29 years old. I am the Founder and Director of PASS (Pty) LTD. I was born and raised in South Africa by my mother and stepfather, along with my three brothers.
I am currently studying a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration at the University of South Africa.
I am a single mother of one. I love travelling, reading, listening to business leadership, personal development and watching motivational speeches. My other interests include swimming, document writing, attending educational seminars and bowling!
What do you love most about your job?
- The freedom, autonomy and flexibility it comes with.
- It challenges me to continually develop myself.
- The new knowledge and skills I gain every day.
- The nature and quality of my working relationships with my clients and suppliers.
- The opportunity to deliver on difficult tasks and express my innovative/creative thinking.
- I have the freedom to create, improvise and be entrepreneurial.
- And, on the most basic level, I enjoy working with and talking to people. My job provides me with an opportunity to put that basic urge to use.
Who is your hero?
My hero is my mother, who raised me and my brothers as a single mom. For many years she persisted and persevered beyond difficult circumstances, before she met our stepfather. She gave us a good education and became a pillar in our lives, thus teaching us solid values pertaining to life.
What will becoming a SmartPA partner mean to you?
SmartPA is the greatest stepping stone in my career, an unexpected opportunity that came into my life. I can start implementing the wealth of knowledge I’ve gained in the corporate world over the last 10 years.
- It will provide me with the transformation, development, opportunity and challenge that I’ve been hungry for, for many years.
- It will mean growth, expansion and more responsibility.
- I will be able to do a lot of different things and branch out into other areas of business.
- I will learn from true innovators.
- I will get to practice hard work, ownership and self-sustainability.
- Lastly – my work will be recognised (as will my failures and where I can better myself).
What do you think the world needs most?
The worlds needs more:
- Love and peace.
- Social and economic advancement/development.
- Education and knowledge.