The search for the UK’s best franchisees is on with news that the British Franchise Association (bfa) has launched the 2015 bfa HSBC Franchisee of the Year Awards, supported by Express Newspapers.
The awards, the foremost accolades for individuals in franchising, celebrate and showcase the inspirational stories found throughout the sector by focusing on the people who make things happen. Pioneering franchisees of all sectors and sizes are encouraged to showcase their successes and what’s possible when their business drive, dedication and standards are paired with the support and systems of an ethical franchise.
The top award of bfa HSBC Franchisee of the Year is given to the UK’s most outstanding franchisee, selected as one of the winners of the following six categories, designed to show off the sector’s diversity:
1. Franchisee Customer Service of the Year Award: Identifies franchisees that have gone the extra mile – and then some – in relentlessly delivering superlative service levels to their clients and customers.
2. Young Franchisee of the Year Award: Open to franchisees under the age of 30, this category showcases the impressive feats, enterprising determination and boundless passion of the sector’s young talent.
3. Microbusiness of the Year Award: For businesses with less than £100,000 turnover that are achieving remarkable things, standing tall against the competition. Last year proved that good things really do come in small packages.
4. Female Franchisee of the Year Award: Showcases women across the UK who are using their commitment, skills and dedication to do something special within their franchise network and set standards for others to follow.
5. Olderpreneur Franchisee of the Year: Champions the value of experience. For franchisees aged 55 or older, this award celebrates how expertise and career skills can combine with a franchise model to elevate a business to new levels.
6. B2B Franchisee of the Year: Commends professionals delivering exceptional services and/or products to clients, perhaps producing savings or using innovative methods to reach new heights in their business.
Tina Young of Barking Mad was named Franchisee of the Year 2014, after winning Microbusiness Franchisee of the Year. She described her award as a “truly life-changing event”, adding: “The recognition and team spirit it created was immeasurable and continues to pay dividends.”
Entries are now open until 29 May, with finalists invited for interviews with a judging panel of prominent industry experts in July. Winners will be announced at a black-tie dinner at Birmingham Town Hall on 1 October 2015, hosted by Steph McGovern. Each category winner will receive £1,000 and a personalised trophy, with the overall winner also taking home £10,000, courtesy of HSBC.
See the bfa website for more information and entry details.