Description: Magicman is a hard surface repair and restoration franchise with more than twenty years' experience in the UK market. We provide a cost-effective and necessary service to suit a variety of business and homeowner needs. Opportunities: Worldwide. Business Type: Franchise. Minimum Investment: £19,500. Training Provided: Yes. Home-based: Yes.
The UK’s leading surface repair and restoration service
Since 1993, Magicman has provided professional on-site repair and restoration services. Achieving exceptionally high standards of repair, we offer our customers a range of innovative techniques for the restoration, re-instatement and re-surfacing of all kinds of damaged hard surfaces, resulting in a finish virtually as good as new, avoiding costly replacement.
An innovative service with massive potential
When you own a Magicman franchise, you use state-of-the-art technology to deliver a range of specialist services to commercial and residential clients, providing you with multiple revenue streams. Our unique Magicman technology uses specialist fillers, paints and tools to repair damage such as dents, scratches and chips from all types of hard surface: wood, laminate, uPVC, ceramic, stone, metal and even glass. The result is a repair that is almost impossible to detect.
The market opportunity
Reducing costs is a key factor for many businesses and homeowners, and as such, the demand for cost-effective repairs is high. As Magicman meets this criteria and moreover offers excellent service while doing so, our popularity with the customer has inevitably grown. When the costs of replacement and the inconvenience it causes are compared with a simple repair or on-site fitting, the advantages of choosing Magicman are obvious.
You will find loyal customers in need of Magicman services in a wide variety of sectors:
- Domestic householders
- Builders, Tradesmen
- Utility and Insurance companies
- Kitchen and bathroom installers
- Letting agents, Facilities management companies
- Transportation – rail, marine, airlines, coach
- Hotels, guest houses, clubs, pubs
Low-risk business ownership
When you operate as a franchisee with Magicman, you are benefitting from a popular business model, and are given everything that you need to set up and run your business, in return for your initial investment and monthly royalty payments (a percentage of invoiced sales).
Investing in a tried and tested business concept in this way reduces risk of failure as long as you aim as much as possible to follow the successful methods, systems and procedures laid down by the franchisor.
A proven business model
As a Magicman franchisee, you will run your own business, work from home, and utilise a fully-equipped and liveried van. Your time and energy during your working day will be devoted to delivering the Magicman service to homes and businesses within your Area of Prime Responsibility (APR).
You will also spend time developing your business by advertising, liaising with customers and estimating jobs. You can expand your workload by taking jobs on behalf of Magicman’s national account customers, such as construction companies, insurers, utilities and retailers.
As you build your business, you’ll have the opportunity to expand – taking on new technicians, adding more vans and establishing a small administration team. Alternatively, you can also sell part of your APR to another franchisee, and maintain a work volume that suits you as a single van business.
The Magicman franchise package
Cost: £19,500 (plus VAT).
- A 5 year franchise agreement, renewable for further 5 year periods
- A defined franchise territory (Area of Prime Responsibility) with a minimum of 50,000 households
- A comprehensive initial training course
- Supply of tool and equipment package, including PPE.
- Access to ‘Magician’, our bespoke IT system that schedules work, invoices, handles accounts administration, records customer data, and allows you to analyse business performance
- Initial set of branded work wear
- A comprehensive launch marketing campaign to get your business off the ground
- Supply of a tablet PC formatted to work with ‘Magician’
- A dedicated website presence, with email facility
- Supply of a business Operations Manual
- Access to our health & safety helpline service.
- Health & safety documentation
- Initial 3 months down-payment for contract hire of a fully liveried and fitted van
- Initial set of stationery – business cards, letterhead templates, etc.
Teaching you how to run a successful business
We teach you our winning business formula during your comprehensive initial training programme. You do not need to know how to repair hard surfaces or how to run a business – our programme starts right at the beginning, teaching you everything you could possibly need to know to run a Magicman franchise.
- Full tuition in surface repair and restoration techniques, processes and methodologies
- Health & safety procedures
- Handling service visits, customer liaison skills, invoicing
- Managing your finances and assessing business performance using ‘Magician’, our bespoke business management system.
- How to estimate and price jobs to maximise conversion to booked jobs
- How to order materials, stationery, workwear, marketing collateral
- How to manage suppliers
- Effective customer service techniques
- How to build your business by making the most of our easy to apply marketing programmes
What we look for in our franchisees
- Energy, enthusiasm, the will to succeed.
- Good business acumen – an understanding of how a business works, work well with numbers, strong communication skills, comfortable with IT and computers.
- Well-organised, practical, confident in making decisions.