Brexit has been the topic of discussion for what seems like ages, but now it may actually commence.
Theresa May, in a speech given the 17th of January, made clear her intentions of carrying out a ‘hard’ Brexit. This means the UK will not remain in the EU’s single market in any way and, thus, will be potentially unable to hire workers from outside the UK. At the very least, it’s expected to complicate the process of bringing in foreign workers.
The limitations on workers could be excellent news for recruitment agencies in the UK. With a much smaller pool of applicants to draw from, businesses may be more likely to turn to recruitment agencies to fill vacancies.
The applicant pool for positions in the UK is shrinking from the 743.1 million EU residents to the 64.1 million UK residents. That means it will be just under nine percent of what it is currently.
With fewer options, companies will be required to search harder for the ideal candidate, which could prompt them to turn to recruitment agencies.
Now could be the perfect time to start your own recruitment franchise, joining an industry worth over £35 billion last year, according to The Recruitment & Employment Confederation’s latest annual report.
The employment rate in the UK last year was at an 11 year low of 4.8 percent, according to Trading Economics, which could make finding ideal job candidates even more difficult, without proper recruitment assistance.
So if you are able to, through your recruitment business, source valuable, committed workers, it’s possible that you could join the 9,565 recruitment agencies in the UK that turned over more than £250,000 last year!
There are a variety of recruitment franchise opportunities available, depending on your particular interests.
If you have experience in homecare or healthcare, you may have an advantage setting up a Match Options or 247 Professional Health franchise. With 247 Professional Healthcare, you recruit and provide staff for residential hoes; care homes; rest homes; nursing homes; EMI care homes; hospitals; learning disability centres; and mental health centres. Match Options similarly provides care workers to communities throughout the UK, including diverse clients such as HM Prison Service; H-One; Royal Mencap Scope; local authorities; and housing organizations.
Healthcare has proven itself to be a recession-proof sector, which means it will be Brexit-proof as well; people will still have illnesses and conditions that require professional care.
If you are not interested in healthcare but have business savvy, there are many other franchise options open to you.
- Select Appointments is a BFA member focusing on white collar recruitment.
- Antal recruitment franchise has opportunities available worldwide and does not require previous experience.
- For those with knowledge on property and letting, AMR Group provides franchisees with training to source staff for property, estate agency, lettings and property management professionals.
- Additional Resources offers plenty of resources, with their database of 365,000 candidates and opportunities available throughout the UK, with Master Licenses an option in Ireland.
- Onix Recruitment boasts full training, ongoing support, and full administration support with their franchise. Additionally, they have the option of choosing an existing discipline, or selecting one that best fits your interests.
- Driver Hire supplies drivers and logistics staff for businesses all over the UK. If you’re looking for an existing franchise, they also have resale opportunities in key locations.
- Novi Global Recruitment offers a money back guarantee of their franchise and provide extensive candidates to fill needed positions.
There are a variety of options out there, and countless jobs that need filling! So take the time to look through opportunities within recruitment franchises to see if this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Post by Anne Rowan